---- laceandb...@aol.com wrote:
If this is a new event/idea someone's come up with, why not have it  the
same day as the already long established UK National Lacemaking Day, 2nd
Saturday in September (this year the 12th) and make it International Lacemaking

Day instead?  June 21st is already taken for Father's Day.

October 1 has been used as a US National Lace-in-Public day for more than 10
years now.  I remember honoring it when I lived in Pittsburgh (moved away from
there 10 years ago), but don't remember for how long before I moved away.  And
June 21st is the Summer Solstice, is it not?  That's usually Earth Day in the
US.

Robin P.
Los Angeles, California, USA
robinl...@socal.rr.com