Hi,

Okay, I'll come out of lurkdom to comment on this Jeri.

In Australia Mothers Day is always the second Sunday in May and Fathers Day always the first Sunday in September. The northern hemisphere summer is of course our winter and definitely not conducive to making lace in the open, parks, etc.

We celebrate Catterns Day in November as do the rest of the lacemaking world so we in South Australia, an probably the rest of our country, try to have a lace get-together around this date. For us in South Australia it is usually the third Tuesday of the month when we have our meeting - we enjoy friendship, games and and early Christmas party. We don't usually have a meeting in December but start back again with meetings towards the end of January. Thankfully we have an air conditioned venue so life bearable in the middle of our very hot summers.

Cheers,
Shirley T. - Adelaide, South Australia in the middle of winter, wet and chilly but never any snow in our city.

Arachne is an international group. My messages of June 15 and 16 have
acknowledged that there are 365 days in a year, and that any specific date will
  be shared by other special events in some nations where lacemakers are
located.  In consideration of lacemakers everywhere, we also need to  think
about those in other climates when establishing a date to which  we append the
word "International", and so Spring or Fall may be best.  I  asked for
feedback from those in Australia and South Africa, but none has  come, perhaps
because they receive our mail in Digest form.