On Mon, 5 Sep 2005, Marc A. Volovic wrote:

> I significantly disagree with Tsafrir.

so do i ;)

> What you want and can use is a vortex86 machine/box.
>
> They are very small, have a very light power footprint, easy to add bits
> and pieces to, are a full i386 machine. They ARE very underpowered ;-).

indeed, with the fastest running at 166MHz, they're too weak for my needs.
not to mention the need to assemble a box on my own.

> The one minus is that all the ready-made units bring all the available
> I/O to the outside, increasing the form-factor significantly. So - if
> you want a small project - here you have the brick to tie it to ;-).

well, since i need most of the available I/O accessible on the outside, i
won't be able to save a lot of space even if i wanted to.

--
guy

"For world domination - press 1,