On Tue, 6 Sep 2005, Eli Marmor wrote:

> I was (and I am still) too busy to follow the thread

and yet i'm sure you'll start answering every mail on this thread from now
on ;)

> , and maybe it was
> already written here, but there are complete PCs of 380gr-500gr,
> including EVERYTHING (keyboard, screen with a reasonable resolution >=
> 800*480, HD >= 20GB, RAM >= 256MB, all the ports, etc.).
>
> One example:
>       http://www.oqo.com/

for a hefty 2K$ or 4K$, yes, this can work for you.

i don't want to start wlking around with a thing that costs this much, and
have to worry about losing it or breaking it.

> Paul Allen (co-founder of Microsoft, together with Bill Gates) is going
> to release the "FlipStart".
>
> And there are some others (e.g. Sony).
>
> All of them run Linux.
>
> Some call them "Handtops", and Intel released a special CPU for
> handtops several days ago, so expect more zillion models of handtops
> soon.

perhaps in a few years they'll be "affordable" - but they'll probably
still cost alot, because their purpose is to replace larger PCs, so people
will still be willing to pay more for them then for hand-helds.

but then again - this is turning in to prediction-land, and that's your
and hetz's teritory - not mine ;)

(and no, please don't tell me to call you in order to further discuss
this)

--
guy

"For world domination - press 1,