Alon Altman wrote:
>   What if I sign my messages with a public key, but include a
> statement in
> the message that the signature is only for authentication purposes
> only and
> does not serve as a commitment to anything written in the message?
I don't know. It may work. It may not. I am not a lawyer.

It MAY be that the authentication is all it really takes to create
binding commitment. After all, if you promise me, orally, to do
something, that's a binding agreement too (for anything but buying
real-estate). The reason all contracts are not made orally is because of
deniability, which does not exist in this case. If that's the case, then
the above disclaimer can be said to be irrelevant.

Or, in short, I am not a lawyer, I am not familiar with contract laws,
and I highly doubt that there are any precedences that apply with such
new a law. I wouldn't risk it if I were you.
>   Alon
Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh