Hi,

I had bought ATI Sapphire HD 2400 PRO for a developer workstation.
The card was in mass sales two months ago. The card is working
perfect with Debian lenny - July 2008 and with Knoppix 5.3.1.
Graphics display and video processing seems fine with
xserver-xorg-video-radeonhd video driver.

- Moshe.

Amos Shapira wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My boss bought second-hand extra monitors for all of us and I now need
> to buy graphics cards which can support dual-head for Debian/Ubuntu
> (and Windows XP and Vista).
>
> Since there are always swings around about "best linux support" which
> I didn't follow, what's the order of the day? Should go with nVidia,
> AMD or maybe Intel? Any specific card families/models?
>
> The computers are a mix of older (2-3 years?) to new (2 months old),
> so the system bus might be a bit limited too.
>
> I don't need to run games or anything too fancy - just plain
> programming/surfing and remote desktop, though support for Compiz
> would be a nice bonus.
>
> Thanks,
>
> --Amos

Moshe Gorohovsky

A6 CC A7 E1 C2 BD 8C 1B  30 8E A4 C3 4C 09 88 47   Tk Open Systems Ltd.