I have a shared disk on my Raspberry Pi accessed on my several
computers as PI-PUBLIC. I access the drive using smb:// or fish://
or directly from the /mnt defined in /etc/fstab and can read, write,
delete files from KDE programs - for example Kwrite, Okular, etc.

I have 2 related(??) problems saving files to the share from a non-KDE
program.

Problem #1
In LibreOffice (for example) , I get:
"Error saving the document Untitled 1: Object not accessible. The
object cannot be accessed due to insufficient user rights."

But I DO have user rights since KDE programs DO work.

Some programs don't even "warn" that the file has not been saved.

Problem #2
If I save to (for example) the Desktop, I can then drag-and-drop the
file to the network drive, but if I later open it and want to make
changes, when I try to save, I get a message box saying:
"The file smb://solomon@pi/PI-PUBLIC/Documents/tst.odt has been
modified. Do you want to upload the changes?"
If I click un the "Upload" button, the change IS saved, but the extra
step (and the fact that I cannot save a new document to the drive) are
driving me crazy.

I read somewhere that this is a known problem when using non-KDE
programs in KDE Plasma - something to do with the kioslave, but have
not found a solution.

Any way to get around this?

--
Shlomo Solomon