Aviram Jenik said on Sat, 5 Feb 2022 20:15:58 -0800

>LMGTFY:
>https://lmgtfy.app/?q=wsl+linux
>
>- Aviram

I'm sorry, but questioning "what is WSL" doesn't justify an LMGTFY.

The original post said nothing about Windows.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_information_technology_initialisms
didn't list "WSL". Neither did
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_computing_and_IT_abbreviations#W
. Neither did https://techterms.com/category/acronyms . The LMGTFY you
created still took about 2 minutes research to find.

Let me tell you how I handle acronyms, because I'm not a WAD (Walking
Acronym Dispenser). See how I did that? If there's a reasonable chance
that some readers won't know an acronym, the first time I use it I
spell it out and put the acronym in parenthesis, or use the acronym and
put the phrase in parenthesis. That's no hardship on me, and that way,
my readers don't need to take two minutes to look up an easy acronym,
or ten minutes on this one. And don't get me started about acronyms
meaning five different things, and having to research for the closest
fit.

Glib use of acronyms doesn't indicate intelligence, and refusal to
research obscure ones before asking the user of the acronym doesn't
indicate stupidity or laziness.

SIOOT.

Spell It Out One Time.

SteveT