Yeah my ldd output was similar but I have Wildfire 3.0
This is even more off topic, but Paul, does Wildfire 4.0 on x64 have Vericut and the ability to post process G code? The options are there in WF3, but they never got ported from the Sparc version to the x64 version.

As far as Adobe Reader, don't hold your breath   :)

At my office we're considering QuickTransit for Solaris/SPARC-to-Solaris/x86 by Transitive so we can run Sparc applications on x64 rigs.  That would in theory allow us to run the Sparc version of Wildfire and hopefully regain access to Vericut and the post processor.  It would also allow us to run Adobe Reader that Adobe has ported to Sparc, but seems to refuse to port to x64. I have confirmed the Sparc version of Adobe Reader runs fine with QuickTransit trial version, well at least on Solaris 10.

I'm installing OpenSolaris 2008.5 on one of my Ultra 20s right now.  Gonna see what happens with Wildfire. I think I read on google that some people have installed the motif pkgs from the Developer editions of Solaris, though in no way supported by Sun. We shall see.....

Aaron

Paul Gress wrote: