Thanks Paul,

I'm still waiting on the Transitive people to get back to me with a
trial license extension so I can attempt to install the Sparc version of
Wildfire on Solaris x86. Looking more into  how the QuickTransit thing
works though, I'm wondering more and more if it will work. Looks like
QuickTransit actually installs a stripped down Sparc version of
OpenSolaris. If it doesn't have motif...then I guess I could be back to
square one.  :)

Ohh well, I'm still going to test it out anyways.

Everything is starting to come back to me. Pro/E comes with a stripped
down version of Vericut. I totally forgot, probably about 3 years ago
now, I contacted cgtech and they sent me a copy of Vericut. It wouldn't
install. The lame part is, it's a Java app in the first place so
technically should be cross-platform, but it's not. That was almost
three years ago though. Perhaps I should rerequest they port to x86.
They didn't seem to care though last time though. PTC didn't seem to
care either or want to pressure cgtech into caring. But it's worth
another try. Maybe now they'll realize there is an x86 Solaris market.

I did however give up on trying to install Wildfire on OpenSolaris 2008.5.

Anyone from Sun reading this thread and need anymore reason to
opensource CDE so it can be included in OpenSolaris?  It seems to me if
OpenSolaris 2008.5 is a sign of things to come, then I would wager PTC
will probably just drop Pro/E on Solaris instead of trying to figure out
how to make their product work without motif. That's purely speculation
on my part though, cause I just don't trust PTC to make any decision
that would make my job easy   :)

Aaron