Randy,

Mind explaining to me what;s your ultimate goal? The way I see it,
there are two options:

1. Provide your users with a state file that they load in ParaView UI
and then use the UI to save animation or images. Use the UI to move
back and forth through the timesteps, etc.
2. Provide your users with a Python script that they run using
pvpython to save out screenshots or animations based on command line
arguments.

Which one are you aiming for? Or is it something else?

Utkarsh