Have a user read in a state file to experiment with a pipeline/filters on a
single data file, e.g. they may have 1000 files and they want to initially
look at the last one. When they’re content with the vis on a single file,
they’d like to view an animation in PV on all (or mod N) files. When they’re
happy with that, they’d like to save .png’s - preferably batch/offscreen, but
whatever.

Randy