Henk: smartphones are centered on communications technology, where cameras
generally are not. Thus the difference … a difference in engineering/design
focus.

I tend to agree with Paul on this, however: My favorite cycling camera is my
now-ancient Light L16. It's like carrying a large cell phone, outputs 50 Mpixel
raw files, has a zoom range from 28 to 150 mm, and has a full Android OS under
the covers so it knows all about GPS, WiFi networks, and wireless
communications. It works well hand-held or on a tripod. A delightful camera … I
hope the battery lasts a few more years as I'll be sad when it's no longer
usable.

--
%(real_name)s Pentax-Discuss Mail List