> On Jan 20, 2024, at 12:14 PM, Ralf R Radermacher <p...@uebra.de> wrote:
>
> Am 20.01.24 um 11:02 I wrote:
>> I've been using a portable Garmin device that I carry (or rather drive)
>> along to record my itinerary.
>
> There were/are also the so-called GPS mice, e.g. the XAiOX iTrackU, small and
> light-weight devices the size of a mini mouse, logging your itinerary for
> later automated tagging of your photos back home. Put one in your pocket and
> forget about it while you shoot with just any camera.

I recently picked up one of these for my bike rides.  It does a nice job of
logging my rides and doesn't wear my phone batteries down the way trying to use
the phone GPS apps does.
https://ride.lezyne.com/products/mega-xl-gps

It would be wonderful if I could somehow sync the location data with my photos
in lightroom.

It does seem that the K-3iii will sync with the phone through the ricoh app.  I
haven't sorted that out yet, though it can be nice for setting the camera
clock.  My biggest use for GPS seems to be syncing the camera clocks when using
multiple cameras.

--
Larry Colen
l...@red4est.com  sent from ret13est