Stanley Halpin wrote:

>Long ago and far away (specifically, Northern Italy, 2007) I took a drive from
>our B&B lodging around Lago Garda, a beautiful region favored as a vacation
>spot since the Middle Ages if not earlier. Several small fishing villages
>around the lake. I of course stopped at every village and took shots of the
>fishing boats and other boats in the marinas & dock areas.
>
>Two weeks later, back home, scrolling through the images on my
>computer, I kept thinking to myself: “Self, where were you when you
>took that  photo? Which village was it? How can I properly caption
>the image if I don’t know the name of the village!”

This is roughly my situation. Lisa and I are doing a lot more travel
these days and I find it very helpful to have GPS tagging on my photos
to tell where each was taken (there were places in the Czech Republic
that I didn't even know the name of until after the trip when I looked
at the GPS coordinates). I'm not interested in adding to either my
shooting workflow (taking notes and getting left behind by the rest of
the group) or my post-processing workflow (synching up with a separate
file of GPS data). And I certainly don't want any extra dongles or
anything to carry with me. A GPS-enabled camera is the simplest
solution. I'll be getting a K-3ii.

BTW: I just noticed that the K-3ii has dual SD card slots! Bravo!
Another feature made to order for me. With the K-1 I always shoot to
both SD cards at once, just in case of memory card failure or one-off
file corruption, the latter of which has happened to me a few times.

--
Mark Roberts - Photography & Multimedia
www.robertstech.com

--