> On Jan 22, 2024, at 4:36 PM, John Sessoms <jsessoms...@nc.rr.com> wrote:
>
> On 1/22/2024 2:41 AM, Larry Colen wrote:
>>> On Jan 21, 2024, at 11:25 PM, John Sessoms <jsessoms...@nc.rr.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I don't NEED it, but if I have it built into the camera I don't have to
>>> fiddle with the phone whenever I want to use it.
>>>
>>> I don't use it often, but occasionally I'll want to know where I was (in
>>> more than a general way) when I took a photo.
>> Another side benefit of it, is that it can set the camera's clock to within
>> a few nanoseconds, and it makes it easier to keep different camera's clocks
>> synchronized.
>
> Can it reset the clock to LOCAL time?
>
> That's the biggest problem I have with the clock - traveling to a different
> time zone and forgetting to set the camera's clock to the correct time zone,
> i.e. I have the camera set to "New York" (because it doesn't have a setting
> for "Eastern" time or "Raleigh, NC" and I'm in Albuquerque ... or halfway
> round the world, so the clock may be off anywhere 2 to 12 hours.

John, I don’t trust the time setting 100%. However, the best hack I have found
is to take a picture of my watch or nearby clock every morning, with whatever
cameras I have with me, GPS or not. It is easy to re-set the time in metadata
in LR Classic later, and so I can correct any wrong time zones by camera for
all shots in the day, and at the same time it synchs all cameras (eg, mine and
whatever Meg is using) so that a sort by time-shot puts images into proper
order. Which greatly facilitates selecting multiple images for keyboarding, etc.

Stan
--
%(real_name)s Pentax-Discuss Mail List