On Sat, May 11, 2024 at 04:50:59PM -0700, Larry Colen wrote:
> After the weight of my new (13 months) K3III in my handlebar bag caused my
> bike to fall over and but the Smart Function knob, I looked into OM-5s again.
>  The price had dropped below my pain point, and since thanks to online
> shopping there aren???t any convenient camera stores to look at them, I
> bought on on Amazon, and if I don???t like it I???ll feel no guilt over
> returning it.
>
> My one word review:
> Adequate

Hmm.

I was considering getting an OM-5 as a backup/lighter alternative;
I still feel nervous going anywhere with only a single camera body,
even though I'v never yet had a digital camera body fail on me
(and, in 50 years, only had two mechanical failures; once when my
MX motor drive bent a drive shaft in my MX, and once when my PZ-1p
objected to being used in rain, and took some time off to dry out.
I don't count my MZ-S objecting to having its lens mount knocked
off when I slipped climbing down from a photo tower and banged it
hard against an upright - that was entirely my own fault).

I suspect 'adequate' might still serve my purpose, although I will
admit that I was verging towards the slightly newer OM-D E-M5 Mk III.

I'll be interested to see how you feel about it after a week or two.
--
%(real_name)s Pentax-Discuss Mail List