On 17.05.24 04:26, Robert Haas wrote:
I do*emphatically*  think we need a parking lot.

People seem to like this idea; I'm not quite sure I follow it. If you just want the automated patch testing, you can do that on your own by setting up github/cirrus for your own account. If you keep emailing the public your patches just because you don't want to set up your private testing tooling, that seems a bit abusive?

Are there other reasons why developers might want their patches registered in a parking lot?

We also need to consider that the cfbot/cirrus resources are limited. Whatever changes we make, we should make sure that they are prioritized well.