My recommendation would be to always chose the faceplater stem over the
talux. The first consideration is the four bolt design will give you a more
secure clamping service. Those bars are wide and you'll put a good amount
of force into them while riding. The four bolts securing the face plate
will be stronger. The second reason and perhaps most import is that it is
so much easier to swap bars with a faceplater. As far as length It depends
on how much room you need. You didn't say what bike you are putting them on
but you have to consider your top tube length and the HT/ST angles.