I just finished the same process of deciding on a stem for my Ortho Bars as
well. I initially went with the 12cm Tallux, but since I like to lean into
my bars a bit and not be totally upright, I dealt with slipping. I've got a
long torso and arms so I wanted to get a bit more reach too since the
Orthos sweep back further than any bar I've had before. I ended up getting
the 90-190 face-plater in 135mm and I think that was the right move. I've
yet to ride any bumpy trails yet but it feels much more solid and that bit
of extra stem length is beneficial for me.