For folks who want a higher rise on these stems, my setup combines a
super-tall quill-to-threadless adapter
(https://www.somafabshop.com/shop/soma-high-rider-xl-quill-28-6-22-2-290mm-4984)

with a 1990s Trek "System 2" stem (for
instance: https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/hT8AAOSwzWBi7UKa/s-l400.jpg) which
are often available on eBay. I think there are "System 1" and "System 3" of
similar lengths, too (mine is 150mm).
-Wes