An Albatoross is best for being in a forward, say 45d angle in a swept back
style bar. If you use reverse Tektro brake levers, tape the bar up to and
just around the top bend, then put thumbshiters there, that's about a
"racey upright" as one can get using 45d body position as a base. All the
other swept back bars, with regular MTB levers and grips at the ends, is
just all wrong for what I'm referring to as the bars come back too far,
requiring more weight on the arms and hands. When you lean forward, with
proper forward seat placement in relation to the BB so you're using your
legs and core to support yourself(not unlike riding a unicycle), having
your arms extended forward exerts less pressure on the arms and hands. I
think shallow, wide flared drop bars could also work if more hand positions
are desired.