On Mon, Sep 12, 2022 at 7:00 PM edgardi...@gmail.com
<edgardiasco...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The choice of the sign is arbitrary. So why make this change? What is the
> benefit?

The answer to that question is what the website

http://luschny.de/math/zeta/The-Bernoulli-Manifesto.html

is all about. I think you have to read that website.   Here's a random
quote from that website that might peak your interest:

"By now, hundreds of books that use "the minus-one-half" convention
have unfortunately been written.  Even the major software systems for
symbolic mathematics have that 20th-century aberration deeply
embedded.  Yet Luschny convinced me that we have all been wrong, and
that it's high time to change back to the correct definition before
the situation gets even worse.  Therefore I changed the definition of
$B_1$ in all printings of The Art of Computer Programming..."

    - Donald Knuth

--
William (http://wstein.org)