I have no opinions about what B_1 should be, but I am concerned about
potential confusion: some users will expect one value for B_1, others will
expect a different value, and so one group or other will end up being
confused when answers don't come out the way they expect. The safest course
might be to drop "bernoulli" altogether and have two functions for the two
different conventions. Or keep "bernoulli" but have it just print a message
saying that there are two conventions, so instead use either
"bernoulli_plus" or "bernoulli_minus" (or whatever they might be called). I
don't know if the safest course is the right course, though.

(This is how I feel about the "range" of a function in mathematics: some
people use this word to mean the image, some people mean it to use the
codomain. Since there is serious possibility of confusion, I personally
just never use the term at all.)

--
John