On Tue, 13 Sept 2022, 17:00 David Joyner, <wdjoy...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Let's play nice here, okay?

Let me explain what I mean in a nicer way. Not defining B_1 looks good on
the surface given the current discussion, but is really a strictly worse
option than defining B_1 = +½ or -½ because then the n = 1 case has to be
special-cased out of formulae where B_1 is normally used.

That B_n for odd n at least 3 is zero may provide computational advantages,
but is a non-trivial fact. It is more parsimonious to put the even, one and
greater-odd instances of the Bernoulli numbers into one bag.

Jeremy Tan / Parcly Taxel