In an attempt to make this less of a religious war and more akin to
something like a rational discussion:

- The status quo is that we include Python3 and gcc. If you want to argue
for their removal, you need to provide evidence that this will not cause
problems for people on supported platforms. What's the evidence? In
addition, what sort of evidence would convince you to change your mind and
admit that these packages need to be kept for a while longer?

- On the other side of the coin, if you have opposed removing these
packages, what sort of evidence would convince you to change your mind and
admit that these packages can be removed from the Sage distribution?