Rob,

*1)* and/or *2)* can be changed to your request seamlessly.

*3)* Has more than one solution:

If you *"burn" the .iso on a pendrive of the current version*
(as recommended and explained in the bottom of the README file
that comes along with three files you can find in here:
http://groups.google.com/group/sage-devel/browse_thread/thread/4cfbbc60579d2e74#)
that
*just happens once, when you first
boot it*, and never after then. And of course runs much faster, is
more practical, etc.

If I release the next version and run ./sage while building it, it
probably won't come out with the "install tree moved" deal and even
booting from a cd won't ever make it appear.

*4)* Before I built this .iso I downloaded and tried Alfredo's 3.2.2
version. The point is that when you boot it up it consumes around
510 Mibs RAM (you can check it typing "free" at the command
line). After you drop caches  (as root in the terminal "echo 3 >
 /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches") it sticks around 310 Mibs RAM and
that's it, unless you start killing processes it won't get lower.

Since my IBM Thinkpad T60 just has 512 Mibs RAM, running SAGE
on his 3.2.2 live cd was terrible. So I decided to build my own distro
and then told William about it. The focus on it is of course to save
as much resources as possible.

That's one of the reasons it uses fluxbox and not xfce and when it
boots up consumes around 382 Mibs and after you drop the caches
it sticks in 215 Mibs.  That's also why the menu is so minimal, I
swear even my grandma could run sage and not get lost among
the icons and that kind of stuff. Also one of the coolest things about
fluxbox is that you can mod the menu as you want and it does
reflect the changes just after you saved the "menu" file.

Finally don't worry about plagiarism, the construction of my .iso
is based upon a total different process than Alfredo's. You can see
the whole instructions to build it in the "sagelwlcd.tar.gz" file which
can be downloaded from the link I posted you in point *3)*

Hope I answered your questions and if there are more, or any requests,
no problem just post them.

Greetings,

Lucio.