On 5 Mar 2017, at 12:10am, John Albertini <john.albert...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm not a computer novice, but also not a nerd/geek.
>
> Been using PCs since the mid 1980s and have used dBase III+ and Approach
> previously.
>
> I can't seem to grasp what I need to download / install to use SQLite?
>
> Can someone guide me through the process?  Looking to use it with
> RootsMagic.

SQLite does not have a server or an independent installation.  If a programmer
wants her program to use SQLite they build everything they need into the
program.  So you should not have to do anything except install the program.
This is why you can’t find any instructions: there’s nothing to do.

If you want to access the stored data from that program for your own purposes,
that’s a different matter.  If that program stores its data unencrypted, then
you may be able to do that.  A good place to start would be to download the
'Precompiled Binaries' for your platform from the following page

<https://sqlite.org/download.html>

and then read

<https://www.sqlite.org/cli.html>

Simon.