On Sun, 5 Mar 2017, Jens Alfke wrote:

No offense intended, but SQLite isn’t an especially beginner-friendly tool. It’s a powerful relational database with a ton of configurable options, and a somewhat tricky C API, not to mention a sophisticated query language that you also need to master to make effective use of it. (However, using it from Python should be somewhat easier, since the API is a bit higher level and you don’t have to worry about things like memory management.)

Previously, I developed a complex database based on SQLite, with a Python script (based on the excellent Python APSW extension, which incorporates SQLite in its build) to update it. While the development work was done under Linux, the deployment environment was Microsoft Windows.

After installing Python and APSW for Windows, not one line of the script needed to be changed in order to work perfectly under Windows.

Based on my experience, Python with the APSW extension is an excellent way to create "write once" code as long as you are able to use Python.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn