> On Mar 5, 2017, at 3:03 AM, NTrewartha T-Online <ntrewar...@t-online.de>
> wrote:
>
> Any examples of a C,C++,C# or Python usage for sqllite.?

Have you tried searching? I entered “sqlite c example” and “sqlite python
example” into Google and got some useful-looking links in the top few hits.
Also, there are quite a few books about SQLite.

> I would like sqllite on my raspberry pi 3 after I have gained experience
> under Windows 10.

If it’s not installed already in the Raspbian OS, you should just need to run
“sudo apt-get sqlite”. (Possibly “sudo apt-get sqlite_dev” since IIRC the
development resources like header files are in separate packages under
Debian-based distros.)

> Judging what the replies to questions, the very new beginners are left a bit
> out in the cold.

No offense intended, but SQLite isn’t an especially beginner-friendly tool.
It’s a powerful relational database with a ton of configurable options, and a
somewhat tricky C API, not to mention a sophisticated query language that you
also need to master to make effective use of it. (However, using it from Python
should be somewhat easier, since the API is a bit higher level and you don’t
have to worry about things like memory management.)

If your data storage needs aren’t too complex, there are simpler ways to
implement it. For example, in the past I’ve just used a simple data
serialization library to read and write the entire data set to disk. It works
great when the data is small enough that it fits easily in memory and doesn’t
take too long to read or write (say, under 100MB.) This is the equivalent of
using a regular battery-powered drill to make some holes, instead of learning
how to use a router or end mill :)

(Also, in general if you’re moving from Windows to literally any other
platform, you’ll have to re-learn some of your development processes. Windows
does things differently from Unix, which is what everything else is based on.)

—Jens