> On Mar 6, 2017, at 7:57 PM, J Decker <d3c...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Pretty silly since it is sqlite, and a mmap'ed database is pretty much
> sync....

Not really. The data still has to be paged in off the disk, which can take
arbitrarily long (seconds, if the system is under heavy load), and complex
queries can end up doing a lot of CPU-intensive extra work that takes time to
run. Although yes, if you’re not super concerned about performance, it’s
overkill.

(I spent a year or two once working on Chrome, which has a rule that no
synchronous I/O may take place on the UI thread, because it can impair
responsiveness. That applies to database queries too.)

—Jens