On 8/31/18, t...@qvgps.com <t...@qvgps.com> wrote:
> Ok, then WITHOUT ROWID will most properly fit best in our use case.
> Then I can fill the PRIMARY KEY with the z-order and store the osm-id
> just in another column.

I would think that your best approach is to make the INTEGER PRIMARY
KEY be the Morton code and then store the osm-id in a separate UNIQUE
column.

> But do I still need to fill the table in the correct order according to
> z-order?
> I mean, we are talking about 1mio rows or so.
> At which point during insert are the pages actually written?

The table-fill will go much faster if you do the inserts in ROWID or
INTEGER PRIMARY KEY order, then do a "CREATE UNIQUE INDEX" on the
osm-id after all inserts have completed.  But it will work in either
case.

--
D. Richard Hipp
d...@sqlite.org