On Jun 4, 2008, at 7:06 AM, Christophe Leske wrote:

>> Let me strongly reiterate that you look into using the new R-Tree
>> virtual table available for SQLite.  R-Trees are specifically
>> designed
>> to do exactly the kind of query you are asking to do.  See
>>
>>     http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/fileview?f=sqlite/ext/rtree/README&v=1.2
>>
>> R-Trees will be way faster than anything you will do using B-Tree
>> indices.
>>
> Ok, my problem however is that I cannot recompile the DLL, as it is
> used
> by my middleware - i am stuck with a precompiled version of SQlite3
> that
> was compiled into my tool as a static lib.
>
> Besides, how do I recompile the current version? Or does anyone have a
> precompiled DLL binary for me?

You can compile the R-Tree extension as a separate DLL, independently
of SQLite.  Then load the R-Tree extension at run-time.  The new R-
Tree extension will work with older versions of SQLite - you do not
need to use the most recent code from CVS.  (FWIW, we are getting
ready to break the code in CVS as we move forward to version 3.6.0, so
right now might not be the best time to recompile the core from CVS.)

To compile the R-Tree extension, you only need rtree.c and rtree.h,
which you can pull directly from the website without having to use
CVS.  (OK, you'll probably also need sqlite3.h and sqlite3ext.h, but I
assumed you already have those.)

D. Richard Hipp
[EMAIL PROTECTED]