On 9/7/16, Laura BERGOENS <laura.bergo...@imerir.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I tried to get some answers using the mailing list archives, but you guys
> have been communicating so much on this, it's hard to run through
> everything that was written ;)
>
> Basically, I'm using sqlite3 in my C application. I believe the tool
> SQLiteBrowser is using it as well.
>
> I noticed that the difference of query time execution between my app and
> the browser, with the same queries of course, can be widely different. In
> fact, it feels like it's exponential.

(1) SQLiteBrowser is a 3rd-party tool that is not supported by the
SQLite developers nor this website.  You are welcomed to use
SQLiteBrowser if it meets your needs.  You won't hurt anyones
feelings.  But neither will we support it here.  You'll need to
contact the developers of SQLiteBrowser to get support for that tool.

To get the best response from this mailing list, it is important to
show a difference in the query performance of SQLite in your
application versus the "sqlite3.exe" command-line tool found on the
http://sqlite.org/download.html page.  Have you tried running your
queries using sqlite3.exe?  How is the performance there.

(2) Performance differences like this can sometimes arise because the
slower application is using an older version of SQLite.  What does
"SELECT sqlite_source_id()" return in the two applications you are
comparing?

--
D. Richard Hipp
d...@sqlite.org