Hi Mr. Slavin,

As for why the query takes so long, I do know the answer !
Long story short, my application does a lot of calculation and things, I
don't want to get into the details here, but queries are built and
auto-generated piece by piece. Therefore, sometimes the queries aren't
optimized at all.
I solved that issue myself by touching up the queries a bit before
executing them, and everything is fine now.
I was concerned mainly because I figured that maybe some queries were a bit
longer to execute as they should have (let's say 200 ms instead of 100 ms),
and I'm running a lot of queries in the app (approx 1000 per seconds).

I know now that there is nothing to worry about regarding my settings or
pragmas choices, since I get the same execution time with the sqlite3 tool

Thanks again for taking some time to answer

> On 7 Sep 2016, at 3:10pm, Laura BERGOENS <laura.bergo...@imerir.com>
> wrote:
>
> > I guess I don't have further question regarding my issue, since I have
> the
> > same time execution as with the sqlite3.exe tool, so there are no
> problems
> > with my pragmas or whatsoever.
>
> Nevertheless, 100 seconds is a very long time for a query, and we can
> probably improve on it if you're willing to include your "SELECT" command
> and your schema.  It might be something as simple as creating one
> additional index.
>
> You might also try executing "ANALYZE" in sqlite3.exe and see whether that
> speeds things up.
>
> Simon.

Laura BERGOENS
Technicienne supérieure en Informatique et étudiante à l'IMERIR de Perpignan

*Institut Méditerranéen d'Étude etde Recherche en Informatique*