Hi Mr. Hipp,
First of all thanks for replying.
As you recommend, I downloaded the sqlite3 executable (I'm on Debian).
Just out of curiosity, I've ran both the "SELECT sqlite_source_id()" query
and a long query i have on 3 systems, SQliteBrowser, sqlite3.exe and my
app, here is what i get, it's... interesting :)  :

sqlite3.exe :
                 -  Version : 2016-08-11 18:53:32
a12d8059770df4bca59e321c266410344242bf7b
                 -  Execution time : Approx 100 seconds

my app :
                 -  Version : 2015-07-29 20:00:57
cf538e2783e468bbc25e7cb2a9ee64d3e0e80b2f
                 -  Execution time : Approx 100 seconds

SQliteBrower :
                 -  Version : 2014-10-29 13:59:56
3b7b72c4685aa5cf5e675c2c47ebec10d9704221
                 -  Execution time : Approx 5 seconds

Needless to say that i have the same set of results in all three tests
(it's a SELECT type query)
I guess I don't have further question regarding my issue, since I have the
same time execution as with the sqlite3.exe tool, so there are no problems
with my pragmas or whatsoever.
That being said, I wonder what is the reason why SQliteBrowser is doing so
great comparing to the others. But as you said that's not the place for
this question ;)

Thanks for replying again.

> On 9/7/16, Laura BERGOENS <laura.bergo...@imerir.com> wrote:
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > I tried to get some answers using the mailing list archives, but you guys
> > have been communicating so much on this, it's hard to run through
> > everything that was written ;)
> >
> > Basically, I'm using sqlite3 in my C application. I believe the tool
> > SQLiteBrowser is using it as well.
> >
> > I noticed that the difference of query time execution between my app and
> > the browser, with the same queries of course, can be widely different. In
> > fact, it feels like it's exponential.
>
> (1) SQLiteBrowser is a 3rd-party tool that is not supported by the
> SQLite developers nor this website.  You are welcomed to use
> SQLiteBrowser if it meets your needs.  You won't hurt anyones
> feelings.  But neither will we support it here.  You'll need to
> contact the developers of SQLiteBrowser to get support for that tool.
>
> To get the best response from this mailing list, it is important to
> show a difference in the query performance of SQLite in your
> application versus the "sqlite3.exe" command-line tool found on the
> http://sqlite.org/download.html page.  Have you tried running your
> queries using sqlite3.exe?  How is the performance there.
>
> (2) Performance differences like this can sometimes arise because the
> slower application is using an older version of SQLite.  What does
> "SELECT sqlite_source_id()" return in the two applications you are
> comparing?
>
> --
> D. Richard Hipp
> d...@sqlite.org

Laura BERGOENS
Technicienne supérieure en Informatique et étudiante à l'IMERIR de Perpignan

*Institut Méditerranéen d'Étude etde Recherche en Informatique*