On Wed, 17 Sep 2008, Dominik Gehl wrote:

> Because I am interested what satisfied this dependency for you. It > normally is satisfied by perl-Test-Builder-Tester, but that one has > problems of its own. > > If you have CPAN on your system, then it is important to realise we > cannot build against CPAN modules. All modules need to come from RPM.

I'll have a look and let you know

Found it: I had upgraded Test::Builder using CPAN. On the other hand Test::Builder could be updated using perl-Test-Simple (which seems to build fine). The only issue is that its files conflict with those of perl-5.8.8-10.el5_2.3

Right, which is a source of many problems. I would like to look at a simple solution that we can add to specific perl modules, so that on RHEL5 they can be installed next to perl if needed.

Now, I would prefer not to do that by default. But optionally people could rebuild those packages with a specific flag and all will be well for them.

Again the reason why I do not want to ship perl packages that replaces modules shipped with perl is that depsolvers (think yum, apt) have no clue that they are pulling something that is already on the system and therefor users are not aware of them replacing base perl modules, which may break an existing perl application.

That is why I think we need to somehow make Red Hat understand that they should not add CPAN distributions to the perl package.

In the end we "could" make a seperate directory with those packages (tagged cpan ?) that are provided for those perl daredevils :)

Maybe that would satisfy Hugo as well ?

--
--   dag wieers,  [EMAIL PROTECTED],  http://dag.wieers.com/   --