--- Begin Message ---
On Jul 31, 2021, at 3:37 AM, Denis Ovsienko via tcpdump-workers
<tcpdump-workers@lists.tcpdump.org> wrote:

> ##### Solaris 11 with GCC #####
> This is the opposite: the pre-compile libpcap feature test programs
> fail to link so all libpcap feature tests fail. However, libpcap is
> detected as available and the build process resorts to missing/ and
> produces a binary of tcpdump that is mostly functional:
>
> $ /tmp/tcpdump_build_matrix.XX06MD.a/bin/tcpdump -D
> /tmp/tcpdump_build_matrix.XX06MD.a/bin/tcpdump: illegal option -- D

What version of CMake is being used, and how was it installed?

My Solaris 11 x86-64 virtual machine has CMake 2.8.6 in /usr/ccs/bin/cmake,
installed from Sun^WOracle's Image Packaging System repositories, and I'm not
seeing that behavior - the test programs are linked with -lpcap, as is tcpdump.

--- End Message ---