--- Begin Message ---
On Sat, 31 Jul 2021 14:55:32 -0700
Guy Harris <ghar...@sonic.net> wrote:

[...]
> What version of CMake is being used, and how was it installed?
>
> My Solaris 11 x86-64 virtual machine has CMake 2.8.6 in
> /usr/ccs/bin/cmake, installed from Sun^WOracle's Image Packaging
> System repositories, and I'm not seeing that behavior - the test
> programs are linked with -lpcap, as is tcpdump.

This issue reproduces on OpenCSW host unstable11s:

# CMake 3.14.3 (OpenCSW package)
# GCC 7.3.0

MATRIX_CC=gcc \
MATRIX_CMAKE=yes \
MATRIX_BUILD_LIBPCAP=no \
./build_matrix.sh
[...]
$ /tmp/tcpdump_build_matrix.XXVrYyid/bin/tcpdump -D
/tmp/tcpdump_build_matrix.XXVrYyid/bin/tcpdump: illegal option -- D
tcpdump version 5.0.0-PRE-GIT
libpcap version unknown

As I have discovered just now, it does not reproduce on OpenCSW host
gcc211:

# CMake 3.14.3 (OpenCSW package)
# GCC 5.5.0

mkdir ~/bin