When you launch your HDP guest VM, most likely it gets launched with NAT
and an address on a private network (192.168.x.x) so on your windows host
you should use that address (you can find out using ifconfig on the guest
OS).
I usually add an entry to my /etc/hosts for VMs that I use often....if you
use vagrant, there's also a vagrant module that can do that automatically.
Also, I am not sure how the default HDP VM is set up, that is, if it only
binds HDFS to 127.0.0.1 or to all addresses. You can check that with
netstat -a.

R.