Hi

I have followed with interest the discussion about CEP and Spark. It is quite close to my research, which is a complex analyzing for log files and "history" data (not actually for real time streams).

I have few questions:

1) Is CEP only for (real time) stream data and not for "history" data?

2) Is it possible to search "backward" (upstream) by CEP with given time window? If a start time of the time window is earlier than the current stream time.

3) Do you know any good tools or softwares for "CEP's" using for log data ?

4) Do you know any good (scientific) papers i should read about CEP ?

Regards
PhD student at Tampere University of Technology, Finland, www.tut.fi
Esa Heikkinen