Hello,

I was wondering if the apache foundation has any tools we can use to fine tune
Tomcat 10.
Tools to deteming how to set the best heap size for Tomcat startup and the best
connection attributes of minSpareThreads and MaxThreads.

I know my application at times will reach 100 concurrent connections and some
times goes has high as 500 connections.
Should I boost minSpareThreads and maxThread values of what I plan to use below?

Or why would we not just set very high minSpareThreads and maxThread values
like minSpareThreads =300  and maxThread=1000

This is a snippet of my server.xml

<Executor  name="tomcatPhoneAppThreadPool"  namePrefix="catalina-executor-"
                minSpareThreads="50"
                  maxThreads="300"    />

      <Connector port="8585"
                     executor="tomcatPhoneAppThreadPool"
                     compression="on"
                     compressionMinSize="2048"

compressableMimeType="text/html,text/xml,text/plain,text/css,text/javascript,application/javascript,application/json,application/xml"
                     protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11NioProtocol"
                                   redirectPort="8443">
                                       <UpgradeProtocol
className="org.apache.coyote.http2.Http2Protocol" />

         </Connector>

Also, am I good with setting
protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11NioProtocol"
And then setting <UpgradeProtocol
className="org.apache.coyote.http2.Http2Protocol" />

That will tell Tomcat to do HTTP2 Correct?

Rick Noel
Systems Programmer | Westwood One
rn...@westwoodone.com