On 12/16/2014 08:46 AM, Chris Murphy wrote:
On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 12:18 AM, Ralf Corsepius <rc040...@freenet.de> wrote:
On 12/16/2014 08:03 AM, Chris Murphy wrote:

# dnf install libreoffice
Install  85 Packages
Total download size: 126 M
Installed size: 393 M

Yes, ... this is an issue, as well.

Well that's ridiculous because now you go down the rabbit hole of
saying someone's use case is stupid and therefore that code shouldn't
be in the application so that you personally don't have to download
and install it.
Where did I say this? All I said is, "libreoffice has grown fat".

Actually, I think, this applies to most of today's SW, with Linux and Linux-SW being no exception.

IMO, esp. feature-bloat, GUI-eyecandy and the average developer not caring much about resources have caused them to grow fat.

Ralf