On 12/16/2014 08:03 AM, Chris Murphy wrote:
On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 11:49 PM, Ralf Corsepius <rc040...@freenet.de> wrote:
On 12/16/2014 07:30 AM, Sudhir Khanger wrote:

On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 8:17 AM, Marko Vojinovic <vvma...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Being a happy KDE user, I like okular.

And I use it not just for pdf, but a whole assortment of other document
formats like dvi, djvu, ps, epub, and so on.

Okular is indeed the best pdf reader irrespective of what desktop
environment you use. Evince doesn't have annotation tools as rich as
Okular's.

What disqualifies okular for me is this:

# yum install okular
Install  1 Package (+50 Dependent packages)
Total download size: 70 M
Installed size: 176 M

This probably doesn't matter much to kde users, but pulling in 50 additional
packages and 176 M to me is a serious issue.

Just as point of comparison, Acrobat Pro 11 on OS X is 893MB for the
actual application (the .app) which contains a bunch of resources;
Well, I could not care less what one evil empire does to the other evil empire;)

# dnf install libreoffice
Install  85 Packages
Total download size: 126 M
Installed size: 393 M