Hello Terri,

I think you will really enjoy either a 14 or 15 model.  Off the top of my head,
I would say go with the new 15 series.

I am more concerned that you have a positive experience while visiting the
Apple store than what you may or may not purchase.

So, my suggestions are:

1.
Make certain that you give yourself plenty of time to explore all of the
devices about which you are interested.  Generally speaking, unless you know
exactly what you want, I would plan on spending about 2-hours at the Apple
Store.  Remember, I am basing this on Los Angeles area locations.

2.
Make certain that you are comfortable with the Apple associate who helps you.
For example, some associates speak very fast or may seem to be impatient.  If
you find that you are not comfortable with the associate, be kind and gracious
and, blaming no one, ask if there is another associate available.    On more
than one occasion, I have had to ask for a different associate because I could
not understand the associate because of extremely rapid speech or, more often
than not, they continued to address my sighted companion, instead of me.
Granted, such things do not happen, often but they do happen and you must be
prepared to deal with them.  Remember, it is your time and your money and you
must stay in control of the situation.

3.
If you have them, be certain to take a pair of wired Ear pods with you.  More
often than not, the store will be very noisy and you will definitely want to
use a headset when testing.

4.
Do not feel compelled to purchase a new phone just because you are in the
store.  Fewer retail experiences are worse than buyer's remorse.

Okay, good luck and please let us know how it goes.

Mark