On 04/07/2011 05:55 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 6:09 AM, Lachlan Hunt<lachlan.h...@lachy.id.au>  wrote:

3. We'd like to get some feedback from web developers, and agreement from
other browser vendors, about exactly which glyphs are most appropriate to
use for these disclosure states.  We considered two alternatives, but we
think these three glyphs are the most appropriate.

U+25B8 (▸) BLACK RIGHT-POINTING SMALL TRIANGLE
U+25C2 (◂) BLACK LEFT-POINTING SMALL TRIANGLE
U+25BE (▾) BLACK DOWN-POINTING SMALL TRIANGLE

Yup, looks good.

FWIW I don't think we need cross-browser agreement here. In particular I think browsers should be free to implement <details> using a platform-native disclose widget if they like. These are not all alike e.g. OSX uses something like ▸, Windows something like [+] (I think?) and Gnome (at least with the skin I have) something like ▷.