On 2011-04-08 18:19, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
This isn't quite true.  The three CSS2.1 bullet styles, for example,
are all different on at least one browser.  I've specced them
specially in Lists such that there is a recommended glyph but browsers
are free to use any graphic that's roughly similar.  I could easily
take a similar approach for the disclosure triangle.

OK, that might be acceptable. Though, there are likely to be platform dependent rendering expectations, like hover effects or animations like rotating the triangle when changing from 'disclosure-closed' to 'disclosure-open'. If the spec can make that permissible, then I think that will be acceptable.

--
Lachlan Hunt - Opera Software
http://lachy.id.au/