OK, I can see how your terminology works now, but it seems odd to me. I never consider re-expressing the coordinates on a curve as a vector and basing geometric properties on those constructed vectors. I either consider the points on the curve, or its tangent or its normal - none of which is the value you are expressing. You are, essentially, operating on tangent vectors, but you aren't calling them that, you are calling them something like "the vector of the derivative" which is a relative (direction only) version of the tangent vector (which has location and direction). When one talks about curves and being parallel, my mind tends to think of the tangents of the curves being parallel and tangents are directed by the first derivative.

Also, if you are going to use your definition of "vector" then parallel is an odd term to use for values that originate from the same point (points considered as a vector are taken to originate from 0,0) - really you want those "vectors" to be collinear, not (just) parallel.

So, either || means "the coordinates of the curves expressed as vectors are collinear" or it means "the curves (i.e. the tangents of the curve at the indicated point) are parallel". Saying "vector I() is parallel to vector B()" didn't really have meaning to me based on the above biases.

So, I get your comment now and all of the math makes sense, but the terminology seemed foreign to me...

                        ...jim