On Tue, 1 Dec 2020 17:27:58 GMT, Phil Race <p...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Toshio Nakamura has updated the pull request incrementally with one
>> additional commit since the last revision:
>>
>>   Checking horizontal mirror case
>
> Marked as reviewed by prr (Reviewer).

Approved.
Whilst the fix looks reasonable and important for on-screen, I am surprised it
was an issue when printing.
At *printer resolution* it is really surprising that there are any bitmaps for
the glyphs.
We should be talking about a 300 dpi printer minimum these days and so we
should be requesting at least 50 pixel
high text for even 12pt nomimal size. Fonts usually don't have bitmaps at that
size because they are large  and less important.
So I am not sure under what circumstances you saw it.

Secondly, I think that unless we were going down the raster path (which I think
you said we were) that we normally explicitly used filled shapes for CJK.