craig wrote:

derrick rocked the 618 wild about 12 hours ago... he played some
great music, including final frontier and jaguar (the roof lifted off
for those!) as well as a lot of other amazing tracks, some with fine
latin rhythms that had everyone writhing, and most of which made >me despair at the contents of my record box... :)

Just got home (early Monday morning) from seeing Derrick spin at Seven (a relatively small club) in Melbourne. He played way better than he did at the NYE party. But he still didn't seem to be having the BEST time of it... alot of people seemed to be there for the spectacle, and not the music...

Anyways... he was going crazy with the EQ's and faders (no FX), chopping up a dub-plate of panning atmospheric noise... and he still dropped James Brown's 'Payback' and then went into an extended session of back2back Theo Parrish... which was very sweet.

still shakin' my ass
~Askew